The Korean smartphone giant – Samsunghas announced the Samsung GALAXY Grand, an ideal smartphone for users with fast-paced mobile lifestyles who demand more from their phone.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand runs Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and features a big 5-inch (400×800 pixels resolution,187 ppi) provides an expansive viewing experience, presenting messaging, multimedia and Web content in brilliant color and clarity.. It comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera offering 1080p video recording, and front-facing 2-megapixel camera.
Inside, the Samsung Galaxy Grand is equipped a Dual core 1.2GHz with 1GB RAM, 2100mAh battery, 8GB of built-in storage and a microSD card slot for expansion (up to 64GB).
The GALAXY Grand will be available in two versions – The Dual SIM version (GT-I9082) will launch first and the single SIM version (GT-I9080) will follow. It is expected that the smartphone will be shown off at the consumer showcase CES 2013 in January.
Image Credit : Samsung Tomorrow
Samsung Galaxy Grand Pros:
- Large screen
- Dual SIM version (GT-I9082)
- Full HD video recording
- Run latest Android operating system : Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Powerful camera (8 MP).
- NFC support
- 4G LTE
Samsung Galaxy Grand Cons:
BOTTOM LINE :
If you want a large smartphone without paying too much money, the Galaxy Grand is good choice. Screen, camera and video quality also very good. Even with the large screen, the phone is still slim, ergonomic and comfortable to hold.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Price :
There’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Specs :
- Device type : Smart phone
- Dimenstion : 143.5 x 76.9 x 9.6 mm
- Weight : 162 grams with battery
- Screen size: 5 inchs
- Resolution: 800 x 480 pixel
- Pixel density: 187 ppi
- Type : Super LCD display
- Capacity : 2,100mAh battery:
- OS: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor: Dual core 1.2GHz
- Internal: 8 GB
- RAM : 1GB
- Storage expansion : microSD, up to 64 GB
- CAMERA :
- Rear-facing Camera : 8 MP
- Features : auto focus, LED flash, zero shutter-lag and ultra-quick camera start-up
- Video : 1920×1080 (1080p HD)
- Front-facing camera: 2 MP
- HSPA+21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps)850/1900/2100Mhz
- HSPA+21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps)900/1900/2100Mhz
- EDGE/GPRS /850900/1900/2100Mhz
- Bluetooth 4.0+LE
- USB 2.0 WIFI 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) DLNA
- NFC capable (Google wallet compatible)
- Officially announced: 18 Dec 2012
Source : Best smartphone 2012