Lumia 520 - the cheapest Windows phone by Nokia has announced at Mobile World Congress 2013. The new device runs on Windows Phone 8 OS and features a 4-inch LCD IPS capacitive touchscreen.
The Lumia 520 is powered by a 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon processor along with 512 MB of RAM, 8GB internal memory up to 64GB via a microSD card slot.The Nokia Lumia 520 offers a 5MP rear camera can record 720p HD video but lacks a LED flash. It supports 2G and 3G networks, and Class B GPRS, EDGE up to 236.8 kbps, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB.
Measuring at 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm and weights 124g, it is comfortable to hold. The Lumia 520 is equipped with a 1,430mAh battery for 9.6 hours talk time and 360 hours standby time.
Nokia Lumia 520 Advantages
- Beautiful and solid design
- Cheap price ($185 in US and Rs. 11,599 in India)
- Good display : 4-inch IPS 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- Fast performance with 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- Decent battery : 9.6 hours talk time and 360 hours standby time
- Available in range of colors : white, black, red, cyan and yellow.
- MicroSD card slot up to 64GB.
Nokia Lumia 520 Disadvantages
- No front-facing camera
- No LED flash
With a price tag of $185, Nokia Lumia 520 is is very hard to beat. Although you can own a smartphone with a full HD screen or powered by a quad-core processor for the same price but the quality of Nokia Lumia is better. There is no LED flash, but with Smart Shoot, Panorama, Cinemagraph app, you can shoot good images with Lumia 520.
Overall, this is a great phone for everyone at affordable price.
Lumia 520 Key features and Specs:
- OS: WP8
- CPU: Snapdragon S4 dual-core 1GHz
- Display: IPS LCD 4″, 480×800 (233 ppi)
- RAM: 512 MB
- Camera: 5 MP, video recording HD 720p/30fps
- Internal storage: 8GB + microSD card slot
- Connectivity :Wi-Fi n, Bluetooth 3.0, micro USB, 3.5mm, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 119,9 x 64 x 9,9 mm
- Weight: 124 gr
- Battery: 1.430 mAh