Exclusively for T-Mobile, LG has introduced the LG Optimus L9. A 4G capable phone with a dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM, the Optimus 9 will be the most powerful handset in the L family of smartphones.
The LG Optimus L9′s dual-core processor runs at 1GHz, 1GB of RAM inside and a 5MP camera on back. A VGA shooter is on front. A 2150mAh battery keeps things humming and Android 4.0 is installed. On board storage is 4GB (expandable via a microSD slot). A redesigned virtual QWERTY is included as is a new language translation app. The former is called My Style Keyboard and lets you change the placement of keys for easier one handed typing. In landscape, the virtual QWERTY splits down the middle to make typing easier. The latter is called QTranslator which translates different sentences and phrases from 44 different languages into 64 native languages.
The phone sports a 4.5-inch qHD touch screen. Though the display isn’t as impressive as the screens on other LG devices, like the more vibrantly bright LG Optimus G (one of the best smartphones 2012), the screen is decent in its own right. It was sensitive and registered my touches easily. App icons were crisp, text was sharp, and colors were vivid at maximum brightness. Although gradient patterns looked somewhat streaky, on the whole, images were rich and colorful.
- Very big display (4.5 inches)
- The LG Optimus L9 from T-Mobile has a snappy dual-core CPU, 4G, Android 4.0, and a 1080p HD camera.
- Qwerty Virtual keypad.
- Sexy design
- Great battery Life
- Insubstantial construction
- No Jelly Bean upgrade
- Poor audio speaker
- Lacking of HD video capturing
Bottom line :
T-Mobile customers and those looking to convert should keep an eye on the LG Optimus L9. When it comes out later in the fall it’ll be the fastest L series smartphone money can buy, and possibly one of the peppiest handsets on the T-Mobile network.
The reasonable $80 price tag, dual-core processor, and Android 4.0, make the LG Optimus L9 a reliable midlevel handset for T-Mobile users.
Key features :
- Network :
- 2G Network : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network : HSDPA 900 / 2100
- SIM : mini SIM
- Dimensions : 5.19 x 2.69 x 0.36 (131.9 x 68.2 x 9.1 mm)
- Weight : 125 g (4.41 oz)
- Display :
- Type : IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size : 540 x 960 pixels, 4.5 inches (~245 ppi ppi pixel density)
- Memory :
- Card slot : microSD, up to 32 GB
- Internal : 4 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Camera :
- Primary : 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features : Auto focus, ISO control, White balance presets, Burst mode, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, Panorama, Voice activation
- Video : Yes, 1080p@30fps
- Secondary : 0.3 megapixels VGA
- OS : Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Chipset : TI OMAP 4430
- CPU : Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
- BATTERY : Standard battery, Li-Ion 2150 mAh
- Stand-by : No official data
- Talk time : No official data