So here it is at last, the Nexus 4. After countless leaks we finally got a chance to put our dirty little paws on Google and LG’s lovechild. The verdict? It’s simply phenomenal. By combining the nicest elements of the Optimus G with the latest iteration of Jelly Bean (Android 4.2) the two companies have created something that’s better than the sum of its parts. Like its cousin, the Nexus 4 is built around Qualcomm’s speedy 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdradon S4 Pro SoC with Adreno 320 graphics and 2GB of RAM. Storage comes in 8GB and 16GB flavors with no microSD expansion.
The Nexus 4 boasts 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels) display with Zerogap Touch technology and Corning Gorilla Glass 2, an 8 mega-pixel camera on the back, with a 1.3 mega-pixel option on the front of the device. The phone also contains a 2,100mAh battery, supports wireless charging, and comes with Bluetooth and Wi Fi connectivity embedded as standard.
Google Nexus 4 Advantages :
- Nexus 4 comes with the latest Google apps, putting the best of Google in the palm of your hand.
- Quad core processor
- Very fast processor (1500 MHz)
- Lots of RAM (2048 MB RAM)
- Extremely high pixel density screen, over 300ppi (318 ppi)
- Global phone that can work on any GSM/UMTS network in the world
- High-resolution camera (8 megapixels)
- The device has NFC as expected, and will support wireless charging.
Google Nexus 4 Disadvantages:
- Lacks microSD slot for storage expansion
- One flaw though is the Nexus 4′s lack of fast 4G LTE
Google Nexus 4 Price : $299/$349 (SIM-free)
An unlocked device, the Google Nexus 4 will arrive in the Google Play online store on November 13 starting at $299 (8GB). Google will also sell an unlocked 16GB model for $349, while T-Mobile will offer its own 16GB version for $199 on November 14.
BOTTOM LINE :
The Google Nexus 4 is one of the best smartphones in 2012.
One flaw though is the Nexus 4′s lack of fast 4G LTE but that likely won’t matter to die-hard Android users who crave the swift upgrade path for Google Nexus products.
Key features :
- DESIGN :
- Device type : Smart phone
- OS: Android OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
- Dimensions : 4.70 x 2.30 x 0.50 (119 x 58 x 13 mm)
- Weight: 4.40 oz (125 g)
- Physical size: 3.50 inches
- Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
- Pixel density: 267 ppi
- Technology: TFT
- Touchscreen: Capacitive, Multi-touch
- Features: Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Capacity : Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
- Talk time : Up to 9 h
- Stand-by time: Up to 360 h
- System chip : Hummingbird
- Processor: 1 GHz Cortex-A8
- Graphics processor: PowerVR SGX540
- System Memory : 512 MB RAM / 1024 MB ROM
- Storage expansion: microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB
- CAMERA :
- Primary : 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features : Geo-tagging
- Video : Yes, D1 (720×480 pixels)
- Front-facing camera: Yes, VGA
- Browser: Yes
- Built-in online services support: Facebook, Twitter
- GMS : 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- UMTS: 1700/2100, 2100 MHz
- Officially announced: 01 Jun 2011