Lava has launched a new entry-level Android smartphone called the Iris 401e. The Lava Iris 401e has a 4-inch (480 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display. Like other smartphones for India market, the handset is also dual SIM enabled with dual standby and 2G (EDGE) support. It’s powered by a 1GHz single-core processor alongside 256MB of RAM. The internal storage on the Lava Iris 401e is 200MB and it can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card.
The device offers 3MP rear camera with LED flash and no front-facing camera. It comes out of the box with Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS platform, which is commonly found in today’s low end Android mobiles. In addition, Iris 401e features a 1500 mAh battery which offers up to 6 hours of 2G talk time.
The Lava Iris 401e also comes pre-installed with applications such as Ninja Rush, Saavn , Dragon Hunter, Space Off, WeChat, Lava Zone and Opera Mini. On the connectivity side , the device supports 2G EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Lava Iris 401e Specs
- OS: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Display: 4-inch touch screen, 480 x 800 pixels resolution
- Processor: 1 GHz single core processor
- RAM: 256MB
- Storage: 200MB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 3 MP rear camera with LED Flash
- Connectivity: 2G EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DUAL SIM, FM Radio
- Battery: 1500mAh, 6 hours of talk time
- Dimension: 63x124x10 mm
Lava Iris 401e Pros
- 4-inch Capacitive Touchscreen
- Dual-SIM capabilities
- Wi-Fi Enabled
Lava Iris 401e Cons
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- No 3G
- Low specs: only 256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM (Less than 200 MB free)
Lava Iris 401e Price in India
The Lava Iris 401e Price in India price in India is Rs. 4,249. Check price at online retailer Flipkart.
Lava Iris 401e review
Looking good but has outdated specs. It don’t have 3G, only 256 RAM and Android 2.3Gingerbread OS. It is not a spec of a smartphone running Android. What is utility of a smartphone if you can’t run any application and there is no space to install as there is only less than 200 MB free. Nothing worth buying.. totally waste of money, consider Galaxy Star instead.